I have decided that for my final piece I wanted to make some fish using wire, masking tape and tissue paper. My hope was that I could make more expressive and interesting models this way.
My idea was that I could display a couple of models on plinth in front of my drawings.
I started by making a prototype to test out my method as I wasn’t sure how it would work to glue tissue paper to masking tape.
I did this by making an eel based off of one of my drawings.
Once I had done that, I decided to make an octopus which was meant to show how octopus are consumed in quite a cruel way in Japan. The octopus are killed in quite a nasty way because they are believed to taste better soon after they have died. The thing was that there is a problem with disposable chopsticks and so I thought I could make an octopus and put chopsticks in it.
Above is the process of making my octopus. I decided not to continue it because I didn’t think it fit in the well so I wanted to just do the fish.