I decided after my first attempt at sculpting a clay fish that I wanted to try another. I really wanted to make this one more expressive and to seem more life like.
Whilst I think I did something pretty good with this piece, I know that in terms of the actual structure and making, I made some really bad mistakes. This was kind of stupid because I knew I was making these mistakes as I was doing it.
The worst thing I did was to start making the sculpture when I didn’t have a good chunk of time to do it. This meant that some bits were going to get a bit too dry to work with. The other problem was that I did not allow the clay to dry enough before moving onto the next sections.
The other problem I had was that I got lazy with how I was attaching things and so they didn’t join properly.
The idea behind this creature was that it could be without its head but still looking as though it was alive. I wanted a really unnatural, really radioactive feel to the fish monster.