Once I had finalised some of the designs for the mutant/messed up fish, I wanted to make digital versions of them using Adobe Capture and Adobe Illustrator.
First off I took a photo of my drawing using an app called Abobe Capture. Adobe Capture
can do a number of things but the thing I used it for here was transforming the picture of my drawing into a vector that I could then edit in Adobe Illustrator and edit the size of without losing its quality.
After that I got my file up on Illustrator and started colouring it. I decided to use the colour schemes that I got from the tropical greenhouse that I went to near my house. The visit I did there was very useful because I was able to draw some fish from life and also use Adobe Shape to collect some colour palettes from the fish and the foliage there.
I did a variety of different colours for the fish and decided which one I liked the best. In the end I thought that the green drawing looked the best in terms of aesthetic and also in conveying what I wanted because it looks really sickly and unwell and unnatural.
I did this process with three of the creatures, the eel, crab and koi carp.
Above is the process I did with the crab, it was essentially the same as the fish although I had already decided it would be red.
I was quite pleased with how these were coming along although I wasn’t sure about the eel. I really liked the koi carp character.